Descriptive Essay Topics
It is not difficult to guess how to write descriptive essays. As is obvious, descriptive essay topics aim at describing a subject or topic in detail. Sounds boring? Well not exactly! Choosing a good descriptive essay topic is one of the most essential factors which will determine whether your descriptive essay will be interesting or not. One can choose from a variety of descriptive essay topics including marriage ceremonies, parties, garden, an incident, a memorable event, or just about anything under the roof. The key here is to make the descriptive essay interesting by adding that zing to it. For instance, if you happen to select a descriptive essay topic like an incident, please do not write about your friend’s visit to your house or how you spent a lovely evening with your family. The reader is not interested in regular stuff and look for something excitement. What you need to do is make the incident or event exciting by adding a tinge of horror, thrill or even suspense to it. These elements will sure make your descriptive essay topic a hit with your teacher. Most importantly, the purpose with which you have written your descriptive essay will be accomplished since you will get good grades if you do not bore your teacher to death like some other students probably did! Some other tips to remember when choosing and writing essays on descriptive topics are:
- Avoid monotony and repetition
- Add elements of humor, suspense, thrill or even horror on your descriptive essay
- Make the descriptive essay fun to read and avoid a mundane tone
- Introduce the topic in an interesting way – do not tell a bedtime story like “once upon a time there was a princess”.
- Use your feelings to guide the story and be as creative as possible. Remember, fact is stranger than fiction and you could add some zing to some interesting story which has already occurred in your life.
- If you have selected an objective descriptive essay topic then you should choose analytical and scientific subjects like science, engineering, solar power and the likes. However, do not make the essay read like a laboratory process – make it exciting. If you choose a subjective descriptive essay topic, then you could select psychology, philosophy, sociology and similar subjects involving emotions.
- Finally, the key to any good essay is great presentation. Ensure that your essay is written in the correct format, with a title page, introduction with thesis statement, main body and conclusion.
- If you need help with writing essays you can place your order and have an essay written by one of our expert writers to be used as a sample essay or an example essay.